- Departure from Iquitos City via auto to arrive in the port town of Nanay (Bellavista), where the Rio Nanay meets the Rio Amazonas. After departing by boat we will travel downriver 70 KM (about 2 hours). During the riverboat trip we will have a great possibility of seeing caimans, turtles, herons, pink river dolphins, snakes, and many other species of flora/fauna along the riverbank.
- Visit Monkey Island – a small island which shelters a large number of monkeys in their natural habitat. During our visit on the island we will have the unique opportunity to observe and interact with a wide variety of monkeys that include: Sloth, Goeldi’s monkey, Tamarin monkey, Capuchin monkey, Yellow-Handed Titi monkey, Masked Titi monkey, Cebidae monkey, Wooly monkey, Spider monkey, and many more! We will have to opportunity to hold very large Anacondas, Boas and interact with the very unique and rare Amazonian mata-mata turtle.
- Afternoon fishing excursion via boat with opportunity to catch piranha, catfish & other species of fish.
- Dolphin watching session at the camp where we will have the unique opportunity to see the pink freshwater dolphin. If we are lucky we will also have the chance to swim with them on the main Amazon River.
- In the evening we will go on a nocturnal nature hike to see what types of species can be seen (lizards, snakes, spiders, monkeys).
- Overnight at Maniti Eco-Lodge.
- Early morning jungle hike where we will have the unique opportunity to see a vast number of monkeys, birds, and many other wildlife in their natural habitat. We will also see and learn about various types of Amazonian plants.
- Departure from Maniti Lodge with destination Iquitos City.
- Visit with a local native Indian tribe to learn and observe about history and their customs.
- Viewing of Victoria Regia – the largest freshwater aquatic plant in the world.
- Transfer to airport/hotel, end of service.